About Me

My photo
Orcas Island, Washington, United States
Rosario Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Orcas Island in Washington State's San Juan Islands and welcomes visitors seeking relaxation and the unparalleled beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Centerpiece of Rosario is the historic Moran Mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Mansion houses the Moran Museum, The Spa, the Mansion Restaurant and Moran Lounge. To help us keep in touch with our guests, staff, and community, we are offering this blog featuring news and events about Rosario and Orcas Island. Please visit our website at www.rosarioresort.com for more information. If you would like to submit a photo or story idea for posting, please contact General Manager Christopher Peacock at cpeacock@rosarioresort.com.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Vacation Paradise

I have not posted for a few weeks due to taking a vacation. You might be wondering where someone from Orcas Island goes on vacation to relax… the city, of course! Actually, I was in Honolulu visiting my in-laws and although the warm weather and beaches were nice, the crowds and traffic of the city were far from relaxing. When we drove back on to Orcas Island, my wife exclaimed, “now this is what I like!”

The day I arrived back at Rosario Resort I met our new Banquet Chef Greg Naylor, who had just arrived from San Diego. He was running around taking pictures and telling everyone how beautiful it is here. His excitement was infectious and made me realize that if I truly want to relax on vacation, I should just stay here on Orcas Island!

I hope to see you all relaxing here soon. Below are a few of Greg’s photographs. Thanks for sharing them Greg and welcome to Rosario!

Christopher







Go to Rosario Resort Web Site

No comments: