About Me

My photo
Orcas Island, Washington, United States
Rosario Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Orcas Island in Washington State's San Juan Islands and welcomes visitors seeking relaxation and the unparalleled beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Centerpiece of Rosario is the historic Moran Mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Mansion houses the Moran Museum, The Spa, the Mansion Restaurant and Moran Lounge. To help us keep in touch with our guests, staff, and community, we are offering this blog featuring news and events about Rosario and Orcas Island. Please visit our website at www.rosarioresort.com for more information. If you would like to submit a photo or story idea for posting, please contact General Manager Christopher Peacock at cpeacock@rosarioresort.com.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Culinary Arts

I guess my mind is on one thing these days... eating. My New Year's resolution (and last year's, and the year before) is to watch my eating habits (I know my habits, do I really need to watch them?). But my job puts me in front of food, incredible food. Yesterday was viewing Felicity's wedding cakes on my computer screen, but today was amazing. Executive Chef Steve Lutz and "culinary artist" Ben Hinner spent the afternoon preparing EVERYTHING on Rosario Resort's Mansion Dining Menu and Moran Lounge Menu so we could photograph them for the kitchen's plating guide.

First, let me say that the resort's kitchen staff are unsung heroes. This is a department that is open before dawn and late into the night, 365 days a year. Here are Chef Steve Lutz and Ben Hinner at work:



The result you ask? Here are two of the resort's specialties:


Misty Isle Tenderloin of Beef
Certified all natural Angus Filet, lightly marinated and cooked to your liking.
Crisp Yukon Rosti, Garlic Steamed Broccolini and Classic Cabernet Reduction.





Wild King Salmon
Pan Seared Wild Alaskan Salmon, Reduction of Aged White Balsamic,
Portobello-Cannellini Hash with Sweet Potato Hay.


More tomorrow...

No comments: