About Me

My photo
Orcas Island, Washington, United States
Rosario Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Orcas Island in Washington State's San Juan Islands and welcomes visitors seeking relaxation and the unparalleled beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Centerpiece of Rosario is the historic Moran Mansion, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Mansion houses the Moran Museum, The Spa, the Mansion Restaurant and Moran Lounge. To help us keep in touch with our guests, staff, and community, we are offering this blog featuring news and events about Rosario and Orcas Island. Please visit our website at www.rosarioresort.com for more information. If you would like to submit a photo or story idea for posting, please contact General Manager Christopher Peacock at cpeacock@rosarioresort.com.

Monday, June 23, 2008

School's Out for Summer


Where do teachers go immediately after the last school bell rings for summer? Orcas Island! I met this great group of teachers at my concert from Ridgecrest Elementary School in Puyallup. From left to right are Laurie Laramie, Heather Holdeman, me (Christopher Peacock), Barb Frye, and Sue Gronhovd. Heather sent this kind note I want to share:

I was so thrilled to be able to introduce them to your beautiful music and a little history behind Rosario Resort. I first saw you last summer with my husband and fell in love with the sounds of Orcas that magically emanated from you - throughout the school year I was instantly transported to my "happy place" even in the midst of the chaos of my 2nd grade classroom! Your music never failed to calm the buzzing energy of my kids (or at least direct it in a productive direction)! Thank you!!

I will see you again on my next trip!

Sincerely (rested and relaxed),

-- Heather


Thank you Heather!

Go to Rosario Resort Web Site

No comments: